Research about breast cancer in men is ongoing. The following advances may still be under investigation in clinical trials and may not be approved or available at this time. Always discuss all diagnostic and treatment options with your doctor.
- New surgical methods that save tissue or prevent scarring are being tested in clinical trials.
- Improved radiation therapy, to lower the risk of side effects
- New therapies and combinations of therapies, including chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and targeted therapy are being studied in clinical trials.
Looking for More about Current Research?
If you would like additional information about the latest areas of research regarding breast cancer in men, explore these related items:
- To find clinical trials specific to your diagnosis, talk with your doctor or search online clinical trial databases now.
- Visit ASCO's CancerProgress.Net website to learn more about the historical pace of research for breast cancer.
Or, choose “Next” (below, right) to continue reading this detailed section.