ON THIS PAGE: You will find some helpful links to other areas of Cancer.Net that provide information about care and treatment of a person diagnosed with a tumor. This is the final page of Cancer.Net’s Guide to Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. To go back and review other pages, use the menu on the side of your screen.
Cancer.Net includes many other sections about the medical and emotional aspects of being diagnosed with a tumor, both for the patient and their family members and friends. This website is meant to be a resource for you and your loved ones from the time of diagnosis, through treatment, and beyond. Here are a few sections that may get you started in exploring the rest of Cancer.Net:
- Search for a specialist in your local area using this free database of doctors from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Review dictionary articles to help understand medical phrases and terms used in medical care and treatment.
- Read more about the first steps to take when newly diagnosed with a tumor.
- Learn more about coping with the emotions that this diagnosis can bring, including those within a family or a relationship.
- Find a national, not-for-profit advocacy organization that may offer additional information, services, and support for people with this type of tumor.
- Explore next steps a person can take after active treatment is complete.
This is the end of Cancer.Net’s Guide to Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. Use the menu on the side of your screen to select another section to continue reading this guide.