ON THIS PAGE: You will find some questions to ask your doctor or other members of your health care team, to help you better understand your diagnosis, treatment plan, and overall care. To see other pages, use the menu on the side of your screen.
Talking often with the doctor is important to make informed decisions about your health care. These suggested questions are a starting point to help you learn more about your cancer care and treatment. You are also encouraged to ask additional questions that are important to you. You may want to print this list and bring it to your next appointment, or download Cancer.Net’s free mobile app for an e-list and other interactive tools to manage your care.
- What type of uterine cancer do I have?
- Can you explain my pathology report (laboratory test results) to me?
- What is the stage of the cancer? What does this mean?
- What is the grade of the tumor? What does this mean?
- What are my options for treatment?
- What clinical trials are open to me? Where are they located, and how do I find out more about them?
- Is hormone therapy one of the treatment options for this type and stage of uterine cancer?
- What treatment plan do you recommend? Why?
- What is the goal of each treatment? Is it to eliminate the cancer, help me feel better, or both?
- Whom should I call for questions or problems?
- Who will be part of my health care team, and what does each member do?
- Who will be coordinating my overall treatment and follow-up care?
- What are the possible side effects of each treatment, both in the short-term and the long-term?
- Will this treatment affect my ability to become pregnant? Should I talk with a fertility specialist before treatment begins?
- Could this treatment affect my sex life? If so, how and for how long?
- How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?
- If I’m worried about managing the costs related to my cancer care, who can help me with these concerns?
- What follow-up tests will I need, and how often will I need them?
- What support services are available to me? To my family?
- [If applicable] If I take tamoxifen to prevent breast cancer and later develop cancer of the uterus, will that affect my chances for successful treatment?
The next section offers some more resources that may be helpful to you. Use the menu on the side of your screen to select Additional Resources, or you can select another section, to continue reading this guide.