ON THIS PAGE: You will find some questions to ask your doctor or other members of your health care team, to help you better understand your diagnosis, treatment plan, and overall care. To see other pages, use the menu on the side of your screen.
Talking often with the doctor is important  to make informed decisions about your health care. These suggested questions are a starting point to help you learn more about your cancer care and treatment. You are also encouraged to ask additional questions that are important to you. You may want to print this list and bring it to your next appointment, or download Cancer.Net’s free mobile app  for an e-list and other interactive tools to manage your care.
- What type of testicular cancer do I have?
- Are other tests or surgery needed to confirm this diagnosis?
- What stage is my cancer? What does this mean?
- Can you explain my pathology report (laboratory test results) to me? Could I have a copy?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What clinical trials are open to me? Where are they located, and how do I find out more about them?
- What treatment plan do you recommend?
- Is this the standard treatment?
- What is the goal of each treatment? Is it to eliminate the cancer, help me feel better, or both?
- How often do you treat men with testicular cancer?
- Who will be part of my health care team, and what does each member do?
- Who will be coordinating my overall treatment and follow-up care?
- How experienced is the surgeon in orchiectomy and/or RPLNDs?
- What are the possible side effects of each treatment, both in the short term and the long term?
- How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?
- Could this treatment affect my sex life? If so, how and for how long?
- Could this treatment affect my ability to have children? If so, should I talk with a fertility specialist before cancer treatment begins?
- If I’m worried about managing the costs related to my cancer care, who can help me with these concerns?
- How can I keep myself as healthy as possible during and after treatment?
- What are the chances that the cancer will recur?
- What follow-up tests will I need, and how often will I need them?
- What support services are available to me? To my family?
- Whom should I call for questions or problems?
The next section offers some more resources that may be helpful to you. Use the menu on the side of your screen to select Additional Resources, or you can select another section, to continue reading this guide.