The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is the world's leading professional organization representing physicians who care for people with cancer. With more than 30,000 members, ASCO is committed to improving cancer care through scientific meetings, educational programs and peer-reviewed journals. ASCO is supported by its affiliate organization, the Conquer Cancer Foundation, which funds ground-breaking research and programs that make a tangible difference in the lives of people with cancer. For ASCO information and resources, visit www.asco.org . Patient-oriented cancer information is available at www.cancer.net .
The ASCO Mission
ASCO is a professional oncology society committed to conquering cancer through research, education, prevention and delivery of high quality patient care.
- Advance the education of the oncology community;
- Advocate public policy to ensure patients the benefits of ongoing research and high quality care;
- Assist oncologists globally in offering cancer patients the best possible outcomes.
ASCO Vision Statements
- All cancer patients will have lifelong access to high quality, effective, affordable and compassionate care;
- The most accurate cancer information will be available so that patients and physicians can make informed decisions about cancer prevention and treatment;
- Information we learn from every patient will be used to accelerate progress against cancer;
- Resources will exist to attract the best clinicians and investigators to provide optimal patient care and to conduct transformative research;
- ASCO will be recognized as the most trusted source of cancer information worldwide.
ASCO's Physician Education
ASCO offers a wide range of educational resources for cancer physicians and other health care professionals in the field of clinical oncology. These resources include scientific meetings, educational conferences, professional workshops, and special symposia on issues of particular relevance and importance to clinical oncologists and researchers.
ASCO publishes numerous journals, books, newsletters, and online and multimedia resources. In addition to producing Cancer.Net (www.cancer.net ), ASCO publishes the Journal of Clinical Oncology  (JCO), the preeminent, peer-reviewed, medical journal on clinical cancer research, and the Journal of Oncology Practice  (JOP), the authoritative resource for practicing oncologists making day-to-day decisions regarding clinical and administrative management. ASCO also publishes special curricula to address specific educational needs of cancer professionals. ASCO University  welcomes everyone that is involved in cancer patient care, research or oncology practice administration.
ASCO Annual Meeting
The ASCO Annual Meeting  is considered the premiere international forum for the presentation of scientific research and state-of-the-art education in clinical oncology. The five-day event attracts 30,000 attendees from around the world. Clinical trial results and updates presented at ASCO's Annual Meeting represent the significant progress made each year in the fight against cancer.
For more information about ASCO and its many programs and services, visit www.asco.org .
Last Updated: October 07, 2011