Printed May 26, 2013
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- What is the stage of my cancer?
- If I decide to receive adjuvant chemotherapy, what is my prognosis (chance of recovery)?
- If I decide not to receive adjuvant chemotherapy, what is my prognosis?
- What are the drugs, timing, duration, and schedule of the adjuvant treatment I might consider?
- What are the benefits of adjuvant chemotherapy?
- What are the side effects and other risks of adjuvant chemotherapy?
- Are there any medical factors related to my overall health that would make it harder for me to undergo adjuvant therapy?
- Are there specialized tools that can help estimate survival based on my personal information?
- Am I eligible for a clinical trial?
- Where can I find more information?