Printed May 24, 2013
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Has the breast cancer spread to my bones?
- What are options for treating the pain I'm having from the cancer that has spread to my bones?
- Do you recommend bone-modifying drug treatment? If so, which drug do you recommend and why?
- What tests and procedures do I need before starting a bone-modifying drug?
- How long do I need to take this drug?
- How will the drug be given?
- What side effects can I expect from this treatment?
- What is the risk of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw? What signs or symptoms should I watch for?
- What other signs or symptoms should I look for?
- How will my treatment be monitored?
- What clinical trials are open to me?
- Where can I find more information?