To learn more about follow-up care for colorectal cancer, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- Can you recommend a follow-up care plan for me?
- What is my risk of recurrence?
- How often do you recommend office visits?
- Do you recommend CT scans? If so, how often?
- How often do I need a colonoscopy?
- How often do I need a proctosigmoidoscopy (rectal cancer only)?
- Can we discuss ways to monitor any long-term effects of cancer treatment?
- Where can I find more information about follow-up care?