It is important to prevent vomiting before it occurs. Consider asking the following questions of your doctor:
- Does my treatment carry a high risk of nausea and vomiting?
- What can be done to manage nausea?
- What can be done to prevent vomiting?
- Are some medications preferred over others? Why?
- What are the instructions for taking these medications?
- Do these medications have side effects that I should know about?
- What are the costs of these medications?
- If I'm worried about managing the costs related to my cancer care, who can help me with these concerns?
- Where can I find more information?