Patients are encouraged to ask their doctors the following questions about CSFs:
- Do you recommend adding a CSF to my treatment plan? Why or why not?
- Is there an effective chemotherapy regimen (schedule) for my type of cancer that might not require the use of CSFs?
- Is my risk of developing febrile neutropenia with this treatment more than 20%?
- What are the risks and benefits of CSF treatment?
- Where can I learn more about CSFs and my cancer treatment?
Patients receiving CSFs may want to ask the following questions:
- What can be done to treat bony aches and joint pain?
- How long does this pain last?
- How can I tell if the bone pain is from CSF treatment and not from the spread of cancer?
- What do I do if I have bone pain with a fever?