The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Conquer Cancer Foundation are pleased to provide patients being treated for cancer and their caregivers with free access to medical research articles published in ASCO’s two journals: Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) and Journal of Oncology Practice (JOP).
This initiative -- known as patientACCESS -- offers access to full-text JCO and JOP articles to patients and caregivers for their own use, or to bring to their doctor. These articles can help you learn more about new discoveries and advances in cancer treatment.
PatientACCESS is an initiative between six publishers: ASCO, the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), Elsevier, SAGE, Wiley and Wolters Kluwer Health, as well as the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC).
To obtain an article, follow the steps below.
- Visit the JCO  or JOP  website.
- Browse the table of contents or search for topics of interest. When you find an article you’d like access to, click on the PDF version, then click the link entitled patientACCESS on the bottom of the screen.
- The link will take you to the RightsLink website. You will be asked to enter your email address and password or set up an account if you do not already have one. This is a quick, three step process.
- You will be asked to review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You will receive an email confirmation message from Copyright Clearance Center that RightsLink has received your order.
- You will receive the requested article through email within 24 hours as a PDF attachment
About Journal of Clinical Oncology
Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) is the flagship journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and its primary forum for scientific discourse. An essential resource for the practice of oncology, JCO has an impact factor of 18.372, it’s the foremost peer-reviewed medical journal focusing on clinical cancer research, and is the most credible and authoritative source for current information on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancer.
About Journal of Oncology Practice
The bimonthly Journal of Oncology Practice publishes peer-reviewed original research and perspectives on a variety of issues related to health care delivery, business research, clinical research practices, quality of care initiatives, and health policy. Oncologists and other oncology professionals benefit from information that will enhance practice efficiency and promote a high standard of quality patient care. JOP is indexed in MEDLINE, a reflection of its high-quality content.