The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Conquer Cancer Foundation are pleased to provide patients being treated for cancer and their caregivers with access to medical research articles published in ASCO’s Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO).
This initiative -- known as patientACCESS -- offers patients and caregivers access to full-text JCO articles for their personal use, or to bring to their doctor. These articles can help patients and caregivers learn more about new discoveries and advances in cancer care and treatment.
As with medical studies from any source, the research you find through patientACCESS may or may not apply to you or your loved one’s specific diagnosis and/or treatment plan. You are encouraged to talk with your doctor about new scientific findings and what they may mean for you. See below under "More Information" for additional resources on understanding cancer research.
PatientACCESS is an initiative between six publishers: ASCO, the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), Elsevier, SAGE, Wiley and Wolters Kluwer Health, as well as the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC). This program is intended for patients and their caregivers. In order to continue to provide this valuable resource to those who need it, we ask that only patients and caregivers request research articles through patientACCESS. Additionally, patients and families can request more than one article from each issue, but not multiple copies of the same article. Please note: As of April 27, 2016, a processing fee of $2.00 per article will be charged to patients and caregivers who place an order through patientACCESS.
To obtain an article, follow the steps below.
- Visit the JCO  website.
- Browse the table of contents or search for topics of interest. When you find an article you’d like access to, click on the PDF version, then click the link entitled patientACCESS on the bottom of the screen.
- The link will take you to the RightsLink website. You will be asked to enter your email address and password or set up an account if you do not already have one. This is a quick, three step process.
- You will be asked to review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You will receive an email confirmation message from Copyright Clearance Center that RightsLink has received your order.
- You will receive the requested article through email within 24 hours as a PDF attachment
About Journal of Clinical Oncology
Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) is the flagship journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and its primary forum for scientific discourse. An essential resource for the practice of oncology, JCO has an impact factor of 18.372, it’s the foremost peer-reviewed medical journal focusing on clinical cancer research, and is the most credible and authoritative source for current information on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancer.