© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
Consider asking the following questions of your doctor:
- What is my risk of lung cancer?
- Can you help me calculate my pack years for my smoking history?
- If I still smoke, how can you help me quit?
- What are the risks and benefits of screening for lung cancer with a CT scan?
- Do you recommend I receive a CT scan to screen for lung cancer?
- Where can I receive screening that can provide assistance and support throughout the process?
- What are the next steps if the CT scan indicates cancer?