© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
To learn more about epoetin and darbepoetin treatment for chemotherapy-related anemia, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- What is the cause of my anemia?
- How severe is my anemia?
- Am I receiving chemotherapy? What is the goal of my chemotherapy?
- Do I have a high risk of blood clots?
- Is epoetin or darbepoetin appropriate for my type of cancer?
- What are the possible risks of this treatment?
- How could these drugs affect my cancer?
- How will my treatment with epoetin or darbepoetin be monitored?
- How soon might I feel better if I am treated with epoetin or darbepoetin?
- Are there other ways to treat my anemia? What are my options?
- Will I need a blood transfusion if I don't get epoetin or darbepoetin?
- What are the possible risks of a blood transfusion?
- What is the chance that I may need a blood transfusion even if I am treated with epoetin or darbepoetin?
- What clinical trials are open to me?
- Where can I find more information?