© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
Consider asking the following questions of your doctor:
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What is the stage? What does this mean?
- What are my treatment options?
- What treatment plan do you recommend? Why?
- Will chemotherapy be a part of this plan?
- If so, what are the goals of chemotherapy, and how do you determine the dose that is best for me?
- Have you given me a dose based on my actual weight or a standard dose?
- What are the side effects of treatment, and how can they be managed?
- Will you monitor my side effects and decrease my dose if I have side effects?
- Will you return to the original dose after my side effects go away?
- If I'm worried about managing the costs related to my cancer care, who can help me with these concerns?