© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
To learn more about follow-up care for breast cancer, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- What follow-up care plan would you recommend for me?
- What is the chance that the cancer will recur?
- What tests do you recommend? Why?
- Based on my personal and family medical history, do I need to visit a genetic counselor?
- Where can I find more information about follow-up care?
For women receiving hormone therapy:
- Are there any signs or symptoms I should watch for?
- What side effects are common with this treatment?
How often should I schedule additional follow-up visits with the oncologist?