© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
To learn more about hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- What are my options for treatment?
- What are the possible side effects of these treatment options?
- How will treatment affect my sexual and emotional well-being?
- How will treatment affect my fertility?
- Which treatment do you recommend, given my health history?
- What type of follow-up care is necessary after treatment?
- Do I need to begin treatment right away?
- If my treatment is delayed, how will the cancer be monitored?
- Am I eligible for a clinical trial?
- Who should I talk with if I have questions about health insurance and the cost of follow-up care?