© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
To learn more about your risk of blood clots, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- Do I have a higher risk of a blood clot? How is my risk of developing blood clots determined?
- What can be done to prevent a blood clot before it starts?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a blood clot?
- If I have a blood clot or have had them before, what treatment do you recommend?
- How long will I need this treatment?
- What is my risk of bleeding with such treatment? Are there other side effects?
- What health conditions or medications may interfere with the treatment for blood clots?
- Who should I call if I have concerns about a symptom?