© 2005-2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). All rights reserved worldwide.
To learn more about tumor markers for breast cancer, consider asking your doctor the following questions:
- What tumor marker tests do you recommend? Which ones have already been performed?
- How are these tests performed?
- How often do I need these tests?
- Are the tests done in a laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)?
- What are the results of these tests, and how will the results affect my treatment?
- What health conditions or medications may interfere with these tests?
- What clinical trials are open to me?
- Where can I find more information?